Participants will record and upload a 90-second elevator pitch to YouTube. You will be asked to include the YouTube URL in your application. Your elevator pitch should answer the following questions:
– What is your product/idea?
– Why is your idea scalable (i.e. what’s the market)?
– Why is your company better than competitors?
– What will you do with the $50K investment if you win?
– What does the NBMBAA® mean to you?
Completed Business Canvas
Participants will download and complete the business canvas to upload with their submission. Download the business canvas on the Resources Page.
Angel List Profile
Participants will create and complete an AngelList profile for their business. Click here to complete.
Completed Submission Form
When you have all your other materials prepared, complete the Scale-Up Submission Form.
At least one member of each Scale-Up Pitch Challenge team must be an active member of the National Black MBA Association® to gain access to the submission form. Not a member? Join Now.
The top three teams, selected by judges, will be awarded cash prizes. The audience will also the opportunity to vote for the People’s Choice Award winner, which will also receive a cash prize.
- Midwest – Chicago, Illinois (Date: August 9)
- East – Atlanta, Georgia (Date: August 16)
- West – Los Angeles, California (Date: August 23)